For Immediate Release 9-1-2011
Contact Mark Eller
IMBA Communications Director
303-545-9011 ext. 115
IMBA staff and board members will be on hand for the 2011 edition of Interbike, presenting a great lineup of events, parties and giveaways at both the Outdoor Demo and Bicycle Expo portions of the show. “Interbike is an incredibly valuable gathering,” says IMBA Executive Director Mike Van Abel. “It’s a moment to celebrate all the things that make bicycling a great field to work in — the products, the people and the commitment to advocacy that is so widespread across the our industry.”
The fifth edition of IMBA’s Leadership Breakfast for the Bicycle Industry will be held on Thursday morning (9-15), with the doors to Sands Rooms 106-107 opening at 7:00 AM. The program begins at 7:30 and will conclude by 8:45. IMBA will present updates on key projects and salute our 2011 retail award winners. Special guest speaker Andy Clarke, president of the League of American Bicyclists, will recognize the newest crop of Bicycle Friendly Businesses and give a preview of the 2012 National Bike Summit. All are welcome!
CamelBak Supports Membership Drive With Pack Offer
CamelBak will continue its Above and Beyond support by supporting IMBA’s membership drive through Interbike. Now in its fourth year, the hugely popular CamelBak/IMBA promotion is back — CamelBak has donated 250 hydration packs, featuring the Antidote reservoir, for Interbike attendees that join or renew their IMBA membership during the show. This year’s Interbike membership offer also includes subscriptions to Dirt Rag and Bicycling magazines. And there’s a chance to win a trip to Moab, UT with Trek Travel for registering for IMBA eNews. Visit the IMBA booth for details of all the individual and retailer membership benefits.
IMBA Events and Fundraisers
Everyone who participates in IMBA’s events (and provides their contact info) during Interbike will be eligible to win a Niner Air 9 frame!
Join IMBA for a Ride with Mike Hopkins, Presented by The North Face
- Monday Tuesday: 9/12 at 2 PM and 9/13 at 10 AM
- Meet at the IMBA tent, ready to ride alongside this mountain bike pro.
Strider Adult Races to Benefit IMBA
- Tuesday 9/13: 2-3 PM
- Buy a $5 lotttery entry for a chance to race and raffle for Tinker Juarez-signed bike. Races limited to 48 entries, must pay $20 race entry fee.
The North Face/IMBA Trail Love Happy Hour
- Wednesday Thursday 9/14 9/15: 4 PM
- Make a toast to trails at The North Face Booth (#22141). All donations at the bar will go to the IMBA Trail Building Fund. Register with IMBA for a chance to win a $500 gift card from The North Face.
Mountain Bike Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Wednesday 9/14: 6 PM
- All are welcome to attend the Mountain Bike HOF event in the Sands Rooms 206-207. IMBA’s Pete Webber will be inducted for his contributions to mountain bike advocacy.
IMBA Bicycle Industry Leadership Breakfast
- Thursday 9/15: Doors open at 7 AM, Presentation 7:30-8:45 AM
- Join IMBA and bike industry leaders for video highlights, awards and more in Sands Rooms 106-107. Guests can look forward to tasty grub, copious coffee and a free copy of the new DVD, “IMBA’s Dirty Movie.” Open to all Interbike attendees.
2011 Team CLIF Bar Invitational Foosball Tournament
- Thursday, 9/15: 4-6 PM
- Watch IMBA’s executive director and other industry folks spin to win at the CLIF Bar Booth (#11051). All donations for beer go straight to IMBA’s trail work.
SockGuy Sales 4 Trails
- Wednesday-Friday 9/14-9/16: All Day
- Visit the SockGuy Booth (#24015) for great footwear — 20 percent of proceeds from “FOX Free the Trail Socks” will go to IMBA.