For Immediate Release: 10-05-2011
IMBA is looking for a full-time, salaried, exempt professional to coordinate IMBA’s field programs, specifically the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew and National Mountain Bike Patrol programs. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Description/Primary Responsibilities
Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew
* Coordinate day-to-day activities of the two, two-person Trail Care Crews that travel the United States year-round.
* Collaborate with local hosts to organize 70-80 Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew events per year.
* Work with IMBA Director of Field Programs and IMBA-affiliated clubs around the country to continue the growth and success of the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew program.
* Function as the primary point of contact for inquiries about the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew program.
National Mountain Bike Patrol
* Coordinate training sessions for prospective and new patrollers around the country using online training tools.
* Function as the primary point of contact for inquiries about the National Mountain Bike Patrol program.
* Manage NMBP product inventory and web sales
* Work with IMBA Director of Field Programs and active patrols around the country to grow the National Mountain Bike Patrol program as time allows.
* Promote trainings and events through email invitations, regional/local press releases, and weekly web postings
* Write and edit articles for IMBA’s website and publications
* Collaborate with IMBA staff as needed to support IMBA’s mission
* Provide great customer service to constituents via phone and email
This position requires excellent organization and communication (verbal and written) skills, experience working with volunteers, computer proficiency (Macintosh computers, software applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and iCal). A passion for mountain biking, trails and conservation is a must.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits are supplemented by a cultural/outdoor lifestyle in Boulder, CO.
* Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact details for three references as one PDF file to: Katherine Fuller at katherine [dot] fuller [at] imba [dot] com
* Applications should be received by Monday, October 24, 2011
* Telephone inquiries are not accepted
* Please include “Field Programs Coordinator” and your name in the subject line.