Accounting Human Resources Assistant (Part Time)
To meet the needs of our growing organizations, we are expanding the Accounting and Human Resources department. The Accounting Human Resources Assistant directly assists the Finance Director in performing various bookkeeping and human resources tasks. This position is a new part time position (approximately 10 – 15 hours/week) and consequently offers schedule flexibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performing bookkeeping tasks, using QuickBooks for Windows, as needed for the accounting department. These tasks include preparing bank deposits, posting receipts, entering payables and staff credit card charges into QuickBooks.
• Invoicing members periodically, using SalesForce software, which includes mail preparation
• Other bookkeeping duties as assigned
• Performing data entry reflecting donations from various fundraising events
• For Human Resources duties, the candidate would ensure compliance with various state’s labor departments, including the filing of state registration paperwork
• Providing new-hire packets to out-of-state employees
• Serving as a contact person for all general human resources needs
• Other human resources duties as assigned
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business/Human Resources or related field
• At least 2 years prior experience in accounting and bookkeeping
• Experience working with QuickBooks
• A solid understanding of basic accounting principles
• Familiarity with using a SalesForce database is a plus
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team-oriented and able to accept ideas and strategy from other individuals
• Candidate must be willing to follow instruction and be very detail oriented, while setting priorities and meeting deadlines
• Strong organizational skills
• A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
• Enthusiasm for bicycling in all its forms is a plus
• Direct experience in the bicycling industry, outdoor industry, or nonprofit highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits:
The position pays $18-$21/hour. A set amount of hours worked each week is not guaranteed, but based rather on weekly needs. Due to the initial low time commitment of this new position, benefits are limited in scope. However, there may be the opportunity for the position to be expanded to reflect Bikes Belong’s anticipated future growth.
How to Apply:
• All materials should be received by Tuesday, Jan. 31.
• The position will remain open until filled.
• Telephone inquiries are not accepted.
• Please include “Bookkeeper” and your name in the subject line of your email application.
Bikes Belong is an equal opportunity employer.
The Bikes Belong Coalition (bikesbelong.org) is the U.S. bicycle industry organization dedicated to getting more people riding bikes more often. Bikes Belong works to increase federal bike funding, awards grants to support innovative bike projects, promotes bicycling and its benefits, and backs crucial national efforts such as Safe Routes to School, Bicycle Friendly Communities, and the National Bike Summit. The affiliated Bikes Belong Foundation focuses on improving bicycle safety and enhancing children’s bike programs. Bikes Belong also manages the Peopleforbikes.org campaign, an unprecedented effort to unite one million Americans behind a pledge in support of better bicycling in the U.S.