For Immediate Release 4-16-2012
Contact markeller [at] imba [dot] com (Mark Eller)
IMBA Communications Director
Anthill Films and Red Bull Media House are excited to present IMBA-registered chapters and clubs with a special offer to host a film screening for our new film Strength in Numbers. These screenings can help raise money for the great work IMBA and its affiliates are doing worldwide.
If you are interested in hosting an event, please complete a short online form and give us more info about what you have planned.
About the Film
Strength in Numbers explores the shared experiences that connect us all, regardless of location or language, as mountain bikers. Backcountry freeriding, dirt jumping, high mountain singletrack, world cup racing… Mountain biking is as diverse a sport as the people who ride. It is a culture unto itself. A true way of life. It shapes lives and mountains alike. Call it passion, obsession or something else that we can’t quite put our finger on – Strength in Numbers will peel away the layers and go inside diverse mountain bike communities in search of an answer.
Inspired by this community-based concept, we want Strength in Numbers to become a shared experience that unites mountain bikers throughout the world. To achieve this, Anthill and Red Bull Media House have reshaped the traditional distribution model for action sport films. Here’s a quick breakdown on the ways to experience the film:
- Premiere Events: exclusive premiere events world-wide (Apr 20 – May 31)
- Online premiere: 24 hr free online screening (Tentative – May 24)
- DVD+BluRay: special edition combo pack (Tentative release – May 25)
- iTunes: available world-wide (Tentative release – May 25)
- Film Screenings: see the film on the big screen at grassroots events (after May 31)
- Online Streaming: the complete film online for free. Share it with friends and family. Spread the stoke and grow the sport (Starting Autumn 2012)
Strength in Numbers is produced, written, directed and edited by Anthill Films in co-production with Red Bull Media House. Presented by Shimano and Trek in association with Contour, Clif Bar, Pinkbike.com and PRO Components. Additional support for the film is provided by the Whistler Mountain Bike Park, Kona, Toyota Trucks, Scion, Oakley, Easton, Evoc, Big Mountain Adventures, Verbier St. Bernard and Ride Nepal.
Screening Event Fees
Anthill charges a fee for the right to show our films publically. To allow IMBA chapters and clubs the opportunity to raise the most amount of money possible, we are offering a special non-profit rate. We recognize that each event is unique and we will work with you to customize a package that meets your specific needs.
1. Fee for events before May 31, 2012: $300 CAD/USD
2. Fee for events after May 31, 2012: $200 CAD/USD
All events will receive the following from Anthill Films:
- Non-exclusive rights to show the film
- Listed on Tour section of film website
- Access to film online marketing materials
- Premiere tour BluRay or DVD with pre-event slideshow
- Introduction to film sponsors for possible involvement in your event
As a host of a screening event you will have the following obligations:
- Ensure that all audio and video equipment used will be of sufficient quality for a first-class screening of the film. The projector, screen, and speakers must be of appropriate size and quality for the venue being used
- Test all gear in advance of the screening, including playing the actual Premiere BluRay all the way through on the system being used for the screening
- Use all possible channels to promote the screening and to facilitate all ticket sales to the screening
- Place any promotional signage that you receive from Anthill and its sponsors in relevant, highly-visible areas at the screening
- Post photos and/or videos from your event online after the premiere/screening
- Provide Anthill a small allocation of premiere tour tickets for VIP use if requested
- Insure the film is not directly associated with brands that compete against the film’s official sponsors
- Not-for-profit shows will be responsible for reporting on money that each show raised