Bikes Belong hiring Marketing Manager
Status: Full Time
This individual will be part of the marketing team, helping to produce the marketing and communications for Bikes Belong Coalition and Foundation with a primary focus on the National Bike Challenge. This is a full time position, based in our Boulder office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the planning and day-to-day operations of the National Bike Challenge. This includes development of the strategic plan
• Oversight of the National Bike Challenge website
• Development of marketing materials for the National Bike Challenge
• Creation and development of marketing tool kits for corporations, advocacy organizations, etc. to participate in the National Bike Challenge
• Collaborate with PR agency to develop PR strategy for the National Bike Challenge
• Work with all National Bike Challenge partners to achieve annual objectives for the National Bike Challenge
• Ability to network with corporations, businesses, city gov’t, advocacy organizations and sell participation in the National Bike Challenge
• Interfaces and coordinates with vendors, including marketing consultants, advertising agencies, website companies, photographers, etc.
• Work with VP, Development Team, and Senior Marketing Manager to bring in national sponsorship dollars
• Assist with other brands and programs as needed (Bikes Belong, PeopleForBikes.org, Green Lane Project)
• Contribute to the Bikes Belong, PeopleForBikes.org website, newsletters, social media as related to National Bike Challenge
• Work with staff to build social media strategy
• Contributes to the upkeep and maintenance of a small office
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field
• At least 3 years prior experience in marketing and/or communications.
• Ability to think conceptually, while still having a strong attention to detail and the ability to track a project
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Proficiency with design software including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Skills in photography and a keen eye for look and design
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Experience managing websites and creating content for the web
• Good interpersonal skills and able to cooperate and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisor and outside contacts
• Excellent organizational skills as well as proficiency in verbal and written communication
• Team-oriented and able to accept ideas and strategy from other individuals
• Work well under pressure
• Attentive to detail
• Self-directed and able to carry out assignments without supervision
• Willing to travel occasionally
• Enthusiasm for bicycling in all its forms
Direct experience in the bicycling or outdoor industry highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits:
The organization pays a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. In addition, a generous benefits package is included.
How to Apply:
All materials should be received by Friday, September 21th.
The position will remain open until filled.
Telephone inquiries are not accepted.
Please include “Marketing Manager” and your name in the subject line of your email application.
Bikes Belong is an equal opportunity employer.