Former Head Advisor for the Japanese Government’s Sports Science Institute
Hi, I’m Jonny Bakks, an Australian who has 20 years of experience working with Professional Athletes privately and leading National Governing Bodies.
I hold a Degree in Sports Coaching and was the former Head Sports Advisor for the Japanese Government’s Sports Science Institute.
I have held Managerial and Head Coaching roles with Australian Sports National Governing Body and served on the Dunlop International Advisory Board for eight years.
Head Sports Advisor Japanese Institute Of Sports Science
Manager & Head Coach Australian Sport Governing Body
Degree In Sports Coaching
10 Professional Wins As A Manager/Coach
8 Year Member On The Dunlop International Advisory Board
I have been a Keynote Speaker at the Japanese Atomic Energy Agency, giving a Seminar on “High Performance In Sports,” and last year was a speaker at the internationally acclaimed Tennis Australia National Workshop.
My Expertise Is In The Areas Of :
Health & Nutrition
Internal and External Motivation Factors
Program Design / Delivery
Recruitment / Development of Staff
My written work has been published in the Japanese Sports Science Journal and numerous Health and Nutrition publications that are entirely committed to Expert Performance.
As A Leading Expert In Sports Coaching, I Display And Promote Qualities Such As:
Being a great listener
The ability to work with different personalities and cultures
Leading By Example – “You do not obtain the results I’ve had without leading by example.”
Caring – “No one cares how much you care until they know how much you care.”
Keeping Things Simple – “When things are understood better, productivity is much higher.”
Confidence – “People seek coaches who make confident, positive decisions.”
I currently consult with numerous Professional Athletes and Clients in the areas of Self-Accountability and Goal Orientation.
Brenton’s Latest Posts
- How To Get Zwift On TV (From A Cellphone Or PC)
- Bowflex C6 vs. Schwinn IC4: Are They The Same Bike?
- BODi (MYX II) Vs NordicTrack S22i Bike: Comparison & What to Choose
- Carol Bike vs. Peloton: A Detailed Comparison
- TREK Emonda ALR Disc 5 (2020): An Honest Owner’s Review
- Teeter Power10 Review: Is This Elliptical Rower Worth It?
- Teeter FreeStep LT3 Reviews: IS This Recumbent Cross Trainer Worth It?
- How To Make Your Rowing Machine Quieter: 4 Proven Ways
- Best Recumbent Cross Trainers (Recumbent Steppers) for Home
- How a Recumbent Elliptical Cross Trainer compares to a Recumbent Bike
- Wheel-on vs Direct Drive Trainer (No Back-Wheel) : A Detailed Comparison
- Sunny SF-B1002 Review | Is It Really Worth It?
- Sunny SF-B1805 Review & Comparison with B1805Smart
- Yosuda Exercise Bike Review & Comparison: Pro, YB007 & YB001
- Teeter FreeStep LT1 vs. LT3: How Do They Compare & Which is the Best for Me?
- Teeter FreeStep LT1 Review: Is This Recumbent Cross Trainer Worth It?
- Turn A Bike Into a Stationary Bike with a Trainer: How I Did it!
- Side Shaper Review (By 5 Mins Shaper)
- Trainer Vs. Indoor Cycle (or Spin Bike): Which Is Best For You?
- Cubii Go: A Detailed Review
- Schwinn IC3 vs. Schwinn IC4: Differences & Head-to-Head Comparison
- Sunny SF-B1805 vs Schwinn IC4 / Bowflex C6: A Detailed Comparison
- Wahoo Kickr Snap Review & Zwift Setup
- Schwinn IC4 Review (+ Zwift) | Based on 165 Owners Survey
- Air Bike vs Rower: How Assault, Echo & Airdyne Bikes Compare to a Rower
- Rogue Echo Bike vs. Assault Air Bike: Differences & Which is the Best for You
- Air Bike vs Spin Bike / Indoor cycle: A Detailed Comparison