So, if you are about to buy the Schwinn IC4 or the Bowflex C6, you may have seen a different price, and you might be wondering if there are any significant differences between those two bikes.
Before digging into the differences between these great bikes, we want to point out that Nautilus manufactures the Bowflex C6 and Schwinn IC4. These bikes are almost identical, with only a few slight differences.
So, Is The Schwinn IC4 The Same As The Bowflex C6?
As mentioned, Bowflex is a
Verdict: Basically, I would say that you go with the one that you find at the best price, as these bikes have different pricing and holiday sale discounts. At the same price, the Bowflex C6 is slightly better, in my opinion, mostly because of the nicer design and better saddle comfort.
In short, the C6 & IC4 have the following three main differences:
Now, we will dive deep into the differences and similarities of the Bowflex c6 vs Schwinn ic4.
Schwinn IC4 vs Bowflex C6: Detailed Differences & Similarities
Differences & Similarities Cheatsheet
- Appearance: Nearly identical, distinguished only by branding.
- Price: Schwinn IC4 is more affordable.
- Seat Comfort: Bowflex C6 has a slightly better seat.
- Manufacturer: Both are made by Nautilus.
- USB Ports: Both have easily accessible USB ports.
- Resistance Levels: Both offer 100 micro-adjustment resistance levels.
- Manual Adjustments: Adjustments are manual but easy and safe.
- Heart-Rate Monitors: Both come with Bluetooth-compatible monitors.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Essential for connecting to devices and apps.
- Dumbbells: Both include 3kg dumbbells for added workout options.
The Schwinn IC4 and the Bowflex C6 are very similar in many ways, and one thing they both have in common is they make excellent alternatives to the larger, heavier bikes commonly found in gyms.
As mentioned before, the only difference between the Bowflex C6 and the Schwinn IC4 is the look, design, and price point. Also, based on a Bowflex spokesperson that we spoke with, “the seat of C6 is a little better in terms of comfort“.
Regarding the things that you will find in both of them, we have to pick the following that worth mentioning:
- Both bikes come with 100 magnetic resistance levels, allowing the rider to find the perfect resistance level for them; this feature is excellent because it also means any family member can ride the
bikeregardless of age or fitnesslevel.
- The ride quality and feel are very smooth and smooth, and it’s precisely what you’d expect from a high-quality manufacturer. The handlebars are comfortable, and the Bowflex C6 and the Schwinn IC4 are equipped with an adjustable race-style saddle.
- The Bowflex has a high-grade frame with excellent ergonomics and extensive adjustability and features a water bottle, toe clip pedals, and a weight holder.
- The fluid magnetic resistance is a primary feature and really makes riding the
bikean enjoyable experience.
- The IC4, as with the Bowflex C6, comes equipped with a heart rate monitor that can be strapped to your arm and connects directly to Bluetooth. Heart rate monitors are an excellent way to track the progress of your workouts.
- Digital and Bluetooth connectivity makes the bikes adaptable and provides options to sync to your favorite apps. The LCD screens on both bikes are excellent for tracking the progress of your workout.
Bowflex C6 Review
The Bowflex C6 is explicitly designed to be compatible with streaming devices such as Peloton, Sufferefest, Zwift, and several others. The amount of options really does provide the user with a whole plethora of options when it comes to choice.
The heart rate armband included is an excellent way to track data, and with the inclusion of Bluetooth, this monitor is extremely accurate when compared to the older handlebar grip type sensors.
When it comes down to the crunch, the Bowflex C6 is a well-built and designed
You can also read a detailed review of the Bowflex C6
More Images from the testing
Video of the Testing
The magnetic resistance allows for a smooth ride and offers over 100 resistance levels making it easy for riders to find the correct resistance allowing for effective workouts.
The LCD screen gives the rider data on time, speed, rpm, distance, calories, and resistance level.
The Bowflex C6 comes with a 10-year warranty, which is actually fantastic when compared to some other models that only offer a 1-year warranty.
Pros & Cons
Schwinn IC4 Review
Like the C6, the Schwinn IC4 indoor cycling bike has Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to link to several apps such as Peloton and Zwift.
The opportunity to experience some of the world’s best cycling apps on a durable and inexpensive
The Schwinn IC4 is ideal for beginners yet at the same time offers experienced spinners an effective workout; This is because the number of magnetic resistance levels available makes it possible for all levels of rider to find the correct level for them.
Where to buy a Schwinn IC4
Higher-priced bikes come with a heap of high-tech features, and although the Schwinn IC4 doesn’t have many of them does not diminish the exceptional quality and functionality of the
The Schwinn really does offer excellent quality at a very affordable price.
Where to buy the Schwinn IC4 & Bowflex C6
Both of the bikes are very similar in almost every feature, and the bikes’ appearance also differs very little. When choosing the model that’s right for you, then, in this case, the price point and design would be the most relevant factor to consider.
Useful Info: GirlBikeLove C6 & IC4 Survey
GirlBikeLove.com Blog is always trying to find the most critical and useful information for our users. That’s why, except for our own Bowflex C6 review, we asked 165 C6 & IC4
You can see the whole survey and results here.
In short, we had the following results, based on the answers we got.
How happy are the owners with their
C6 or IC4 bike?
We asked owners to rate their exercise
Bike Features of the C6/ IC4 bikes
It seems that connectivity, construction quality, and smoothness of the ride were the most loved attributes of the IC4 and C6 bikes. Other high-ranking features included the
Some of our respondents made the following statements regarding connectivity capability:
- “I like that the
bikeis not tied to a specific streaming service…”
- “It feels really sturdy. You can more or less just jump on and jump off…”
- “I like the smooth motion of the flywheel when it’s operating smoothly.”